1. Members accumulating points for year- end awards must show in at least four shows and have ridden in the same division in those four shows. Members must work a minimum of one volunteer hour per competitor/per show (at least 4 shows). Volunteer Hours are per competitor - if you have two people showing in the family then each person needs a minimum of one volunteer hour per show (4 shows).
2. To qualify for year-end awards you must be a member of Scottsdale Saddle Club in good standing. Points do not accrue until membership forms are signed by exhibitor or the parent/guardian of youth riders and the membership is purchased.
3. Year-end awards are based on a one horse/one rider combination. A change in horse during the show season will be evaluated on a case by case basis with a vet excuse only. Final decision of eligibility for a horse change will be up to show management.
4. To qualify for an all around youth or adult year end award, the exhibitor must show in at least 4 shows in the appropriate age division for English and Western. ONE western division(either Ranch or regular western) and the English division points will be used to calculate all around awards. If an exhibitor is showing in regular western classes as well as the Ranch horse classes; they must designate at the beginning of the 2019 show season which western division they would like to factor into the all around point calculation.
5. All Around Youth will be based on an 18 & Under age bracket and Adult will be 19& over for the three gaited division. All Around Youth will be based on a 12&Under age bracket and Adult will be 13&Over for the Walk Trot division. The all around awards will be separated into a walk trot division and a three gaited division.
6. Leadline: Riders who are in leadline may not enter other classes and must be led by someone 18 years or older. If a leadline rider wishes to enter another division during the show year, points will not be carried over to the new division. The lead line class will be judged as a placed class.
7. Walk/Trot: Riders may only show in that division in the same show. In the event a walk/trot rider wishes to enter a 3-gaited division, points will not be carried over to the new division during the show year and vice-versa. The walk/trot level of competition is considered to be developmental in nature. It is expected that exhibitors will progress to the 3-gaited level in due course. The champion and reserve champion in the walk trot division each year must progress to the three gaited division the following year.
8. Walk Trot/Jog All Ages: Any rider of any age may enter in these classes. Riders may show in other three gaited classes in the same show that they enter the walk jog/trot all ages division. This division will be given an English Division Year End award and a Western Division Year End award.
Ribbons will be awarded 1st through 6th place. Points are calculated based on the following system regardless of number of entries in the class.
1st place = 6 points 2nd place = 5 points 3rd place = 4 points 4th place = 3 points 5th place = 2 points 6th place = 1 point